• WHAT ARE THE CRITERIAS FOR APPOINTING IMAMS AT THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES
• HOW IS THE IMAM AND MUADHIN APPOINTED AT THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES
• HOW LONG IS THE APPOINTMENT FOR AN IMAM AND MUADHIN
• INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB DESCRIPTIONS OF THE IMAM AND MUADHIN
The role of the imam in Islamic Religion occupies a high status because the Imam is a role model to worshippers in everything that relates to prayer and Islamic Religion in general.
WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIAS FOR APPOINTING IMAMS & MUADHINS AT THE TWO HOLY MOSQUES
• The Imams and Muadhins regulatory board for the Two Holy Mosques has established a number of rules and regulations as well as articles that specify the job description in addition to their conditions of employment and leading the prayers. This is because not every Muslim is qualified to be an Imam.
• One of the most important requirements is for the Imam and Muadhin to be of Saudi Nationality and shouldn’t be less than 30 years of age. The Imam & Muadhin should also possess at least a masters degree from one of the Islamic Science Colleges in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• The Muadhin must show a high degree of knowledge in the rulings of Adhaan and prayers in accordance with the rulings of Islamic books and Prophetic Sunnah while being moderate and fair because they are the spirit of the Religion.
• It’s preferable for the Imam & Muadhin to have a pleasant voice as well as proper recitation rendition.
• The imam must have memorised the Holy Quran and possess good articulation, be certified with an exceptionally pleasant voice and recitation rendition while observing moderation.
HOW THE IMAMS AND MUADHINS ARE APPOINTED
• The appointment for the Imam must be ordered by the Saudi Cabinet of government officials and ministers, based on the suggestion raised by the General President for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques.
• The appointment of the Muadhin must come from the General President for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques based on the nomination of the presidential committee for Imams & Muadhins.
• The appointment of the Imams & Muadhins terminates with resignation or incapacity to continue work because of ailments or because of old age or inability to fully perform duties or due to legal or administrative reasons.
HOW LONG IS THE APPOINTMENT FOR IMAMS AND MUADHINS
The appointment duration is four years for Imams & Muadhins. This is subject to renewal. The appointment duration for Muadhins is also four years however this is subject to renewal but there could be an exceptional decision that can be made by the General President for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE IMAMS AND MUADHINS
• The department of Imams & Muadhins at the Two Holy Mosques have also implemented certain measures amongst one is that the Imams & Muadhins are not allowed on an official capacity to attend conferences and seminars outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or deliver presentations except with the approval from the appropriate Government Officials.
• The department of Imams & Muadhins within the General Presidency for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques takes the responsibility of nominating and examining the applicants and selecting the best amongst them. It is the department that also determines the termination of appointment and the nomination of who is to be recruited amongst the Imams in the month of Ramadhan.
• The department of Imams & Muadhins within the General Presidency for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques also decides the appropriate controls for the participation of Imams within the media or carrying out actions that are consistent with the legal status of Imam and Muadhins.
• The department of Imams & Muadhins within the General Presidency for the Affairs of The Two Holy Mosques sets a weekly schedule for the Muadhins and organizes all substitutes for them and does follow up on the Imams schedule on a weekly basis too.