10 PRINCIPLES FOR THE UPBRINGING OF CHILDREN IN ISLAM
- Teach by example, because children listen with their eyes.
- Introduce Allah to your child: His glory, obedience to Him over obedience to anyone else, asking only from Him, Importance of the Faraa’idh.
- Introduce Rasoolullah (S) to your child: His life & times, following his Sunnah in everything in life, his Message, and his Work: Da’wah.
- Systematic education of Islam parallel with regular education: 4-5 hours/week; Arabic language, Tajweed, Qira’ah ul-Qur’an, Aqeedah, Hadith, Fiqh, Seerah.
- Manners: Akhlaaq. Attention to detail about all aspects of behavior reinforced by your own behavior. You have to practice what you preach.
- Concern for others : Self centered: Family members, environment, servants, strangers, road users, neighbors, shop keepers: Sensitive or senseless?
- Physical fitness: Mothers stop pampering. Regular sports, especially team sports, nutrition, no junk food.
- Scheduling time: Wake & Sleep early, TV, Daily Muhasiba, diary writing.
- Responsibility: School projects, commons, home, neighborhood,
- Drive for excellence in everything: Being No.1. Winning is a habit. So is losing. Focus on quality. Be a Standard Bearer of Islam.