Islam has made us known that there is no disease that Allah has not provided a cure for. All ailments can be taken care of using natural medicine that has been provided by nature. One of the greatest benefit of nature is the honey gotten from bees which infact was mentioned in the holy Quran as a source of healing for humans.
The evidence was given in the Holy Quran” Surah An Nahl, vs 69″
“There emerges from their bellies a drink, varying in colors, in which there is healing for people. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who give thought.”
The benefits of honey also have an authentic reports backing the benefit of honey to humankind. The following Hadiths are evidence:
The Prophet (saw) said, “Make use of the two remedies: honey and the Quran.” Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Baihaqi
Narrated ‘Aisha (ra): The Prophet used to like sweet edible things and honey. (Bukhari)
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: A man came to the Prophet and said, “My brother has some abdominal trouble.” The Prophet said to him “Let him drink honey.” The man came for the second time and the Prophet said to him, ‘Let him drink honey.” He came for the third time and the Prophet said, “Let him drink honey.” He returned again and said, “I have done that ‘ The Prophet then said, “Allah has said the truth, but your brother’s abdomen has told a lie. Let him drink honey.” So he made him drink honey and he was cured. (Bukhari)
Knowing that Allah has prescribed honey as a remedy for humans, here are some other methods you can use honey to cure ailments .
However, we should be conscious of the honey we buy because most of the sealed honey have been pasteurized making them lose their natural properties.
Natural honey which is directly from the bee is the most effective and gives the best results. Honey can be used in the treatment of the following ailments.
- Cough- In treating cough, honey should be added to lemon juice mixed with warm water. Taking a tablespoon 2-3 times a day can also heal cough.
- Antioxidants- Immune system can be boosted by taking raw honey daily, thereby introducing antioxidants such as enzymes into the blood stream. It also helps in preventing against cancer infections and heart attack.
- Injury treatment- Honey can be used in treating wounds as it contains injury healing components, such as methylglyoxal and hydrogen peroxide.
- Skin care- A tablespoon of milk mixed with a tablespoon of honey rubbed on the face every morning to be wash after 10 mins leaves you with a flawless glowing skin.
- Food sweetener- In place of sugar which much of it is dangerous to our health, honey can used to substitute sugar which is healthier and can lower cholesterol and inflammation.
- Anti-bacterial infection- Honey contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which diluting the honey with water makes the anti bacteria more effective. All the above ailments among others are the benefits of honey which cures human ailments and have no side effect.