The Kwara State Government on Friday directed the immediate temporary closure of some grant aided schools in Ilorin, the state capital, pending resolution of the hijaab question in the schools.
The affected schools are:
- C&S College Sabo Oke
- ST. Anthony College, Offa Road
- ECWA School, Oja Iya
- Surulere Baptist Secondary School
- Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam
- CAC Secondary School Asa Dam
- St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo Oke
- St. John School Maraba
- St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale
- St. James Secondary School Maraba
The closure comes as a government committee comprising representatives of the Muslim and Christian communities meets today to iron out the differences between the two communities.
Further communication will be issued to inform members of the public on the development.
Government calls for calm and urges parents and religious leaders to avoid actions or comments that may further split the two communities.